Known for its fast pace, the vibrant city of New York is arguably one of the best cities in the entire world! So if you’re looking to learn more then you’re in the right place.Below I’ve curated a bumper list of the best New York quotes that are guaranteed to have you booking your next trip to the Big Apple!Not only can you use these best quotes about New York City to inspire your vacation, but they are also perfect for those looking for New York Captions for Instagram!
Whilst inNew York, you might also like to check out:
- Best Statue of Liberty Quotes and Captions
- Top Brooklyn Quotes and Brooklyn Bridge Captions for Instagram
Quotes on New York City
“I get out of the taxi and it’s probably the only city which in reality looks better than on the postcards: New York.”– Milos Forman
“I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York’s skyline.” — Ayn Rand
“There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless.” — Simone de Beauvoir
“New York is not a city – it’s a world.” — Iman
“It’s pretty cliched, but Times Square is just incredible. You really feel like you’re in the capital of the world.”—Timothy F. Cahill
Best New York Captions for Instagram
“New York is really the place to be; to go to New York, you’re going to the centre of the world, the lion’s den.” – Zubin Mehta
If a man can live in Manhattan, he can live anywhere.
London is a mystery, NYC is an explanation.
“If you follow your heart just right, it will get you to New York City.”
“Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s New York.”
Short New York Quotes for Instagram
Welcome to the concrete jungle
Taking a bite out of the Big Apple
A New York minute
Sleepless nights and city lights
Wanderlust and city dust
Once upon a time in New York
Funny Quotes about New York City
“New York City is a tourist trap I don’t mind being in.”
“A bad day in New York City is still better than a good day anywhere else.”
“New York is the only city in the world where you can get run down on the sidewalk by a pedestrian.” – Russell Baker
“I fell in love. His name is New York.”
“Anytime four New Yorkers get into a cab together without arguing, a bank robbery has just taken place.” –JohnnyCarson
“It is ridiculous to set adetectivestoryin New York City. New York City is itself adetectivestory.” – Agatha Christie
“Someone asked me for directions, so you can call me a real New Yorker.”
“When it’s 100 degrees in New York, it’s 72 in Los Angeles. When it’s 30 degrees in New York, in Los Angeles it’s still 72. However, there are 6 million interesting people in New York, and only 72 in Los Angeles.”― Neil Simon
Top NYC Quotes and New York Sayings
“Anything is possible. This is New York.”
“The wanderer in Manhattan must go forth with a certain innocence, because New York is best seen with innocent eyes.” – Pete Hamill
“If London is a watercolor, New York is an oil painting.” ― Peter Shaffer
“The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.”— John Updike
“Everybody ought to have a lower East Side in their life.” –IrvingBerlin
“More than anything else New York is a city of superlatives, a place where the best, the brightest, the biggest is thenorm.” – Marilyn J. Appleberg
“I go to Paris, I go to London, I go to Rome, and I always say, “There’s no place like New York. It’s the mostexcitingcityin the world now. That’s the way it is. That’s it.” – Robert De Niro
Best Quotes for New York
“Once you have lived in New York and made it your home, no place else is good enough.” – John Steinbeck
“Make yourin New York and you are a made man.” –Twain
“New York had all the iridescence of the beginning of the world.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
“One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.” – Tom Wolfe
“I love New York on summer afternoons when everyone’s away.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
“Give me the streets of Manhattan!” – Walt Whitman
“The glamour of it all! New York!America!” – Charlie Chaplin
“If you want to become a real New Yorker, there’s only one rule: You have to believe New York is, has been, and always will be thegreatestcityon earth. The center of the universe.” – Ellen R. Shapiro
Short NYC Instagram Captions
Enjoying every New York minute
New York, New Me
The city that never sleeps…
Late nights, bright lights
Fairytale of New York
My heart burns for the city lights
Funny New York Instagram Captions
I’m just a little apple in the Big Apple.
I came, I ate, I conquered.
Staten Island floats myboat.
Times Square’s sobright, I need to wearshades.
I’m so happy weMET
Funny New York City Instagram Captions
First Time-rs Square.
A trip to NYC can be very taxi-ng on your wallet
In winter, NYC is the city oftights.
After sightseeing all day, I’m Central Park-ing myself down for the rest of the night
New York Puns for Instagram
The views from the Empire State Building couldn’t be anyNYCer.
Finally made it to the Statue of Liberty. It’s aboattime!
I’d reallylaketo live by Central Park
Winter in NYC issnowjoke
Funny New York City Quotes and Good NYC Captions for Instagram
A trip to New York takes quite a bit ofdough.
Central Park alwaysperksme up.
More like EmpireGreatBuilding, am I right?
Times Squareheals all wounds
In winter, New York makes a great frost impression.
Don’tharborany ill will towards me.
We’re all out ofStock.
Quotes about NY
“I look out the window and I see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance.”— Nora Ephron
“The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world.”―F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
“I love New York, even though it isn’t mine, the way something has to be, a tree or a street or a house, something, anyway, that belongs to me because I belong to it.”― Truman Capote
“There is more sophistication and less sense in New York than anywhere else on the globe.” – Elbert Hubbard
“It is often said that New York is a city for only the very rich and the very poor. It is less often said that New York is also, at least for those of us who came there from somewhere else, a city for only the very young.” –JoanDidion
“New York City is a great monument to the power of money and greed… a race for rent.” –FrankLloydWright
New Yorkers Quotes
“But there is one thing about it — once you have lived in New York and it has become your home, no place else is good enough.”― John Steinbeck
“My favorite thing about New York is the people, because I think they’re misunderstood. I don’t think people realize how kind New York people are.”— Bill Murray
“Being a New Yorker grounds you in every way. Before you walk out of the house, you can dress in the nicest clothes and be whoever you think you are, but when you’re on those streets, you’re just in the school of fish.”— Awkafina
“Whoever is born in New York is ill-equipped to deal with any other city: all other cities seem, at best, a mistake, and, at worst, a fraud. No other city is so spitefully incoherent.”— James Baldwin
Sayings about New York City
“London is satisfied, Paris is resigned, but New York is always hopeful. Always it believes that something good is about to come off, and it must hurry to meet it.”— Dorothy Parker
“A hundred times have I thought New York is acatastrophe, and fifty times: It is abeautifulcatastrophe.” – Le Corbusier
“When you leave New York, you are astonished at how clean the rest of the world is. Clean is not enough.”— Fran Lebowitz
“I don’t like cities. But I like New York. Other places make me feel like a dork.”— Madonna
“If Louis was right, and you only get one great love, New York may just be mine. And I can’t have nobody talking nonsense about my boyfriend.”— Carrie Bradshaw
“One’s life andpassionmay be elsewhere, but New York is where you prove if what you think in theory makes sense in life.” – Miuccia Prada
“This is the city ofdreamers and time and again it’s the place where the greatestdreamof all, theAmericandream, has been tested and has triumphed.” – Michael Bloomberg
“New York is made up of millions of different people, and they all come here looking for something.” –LindseyKelk
New York Song Quotes
“Welcome to New York. It’s been waiting for you.” – Taylor Swift
“New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothin’ you can’t do now you’re in New York.” – Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps.” – Frank Sinatra
“I want to be a part of it, New York, New York.” — Frank Sinatra
“New York City’s the place where they said, ‘Hey, babe, Take a walk on the wild side’” – Lou Reed
“Times Square can’t shine as bright as you.” — Plain White T’s
“I’m in a New York state of mind.” — Billy Joel
That’s 100 of the Best Quotes about NYC
That’s the end of my bumper list, so I hope you’ve managed to find theperfect New York quote.
I’d love to know which one is your favorite, and if I’ve missed any awesome New York phrases then please let me know in the comments below.
Planning a Trip to New York City?
If you want to read more, check out some of mymost popular related posts:
- Brooklyn Quotes and Captions for Instagram
- Best Statue of Liberty Captions and Quotes
- Best Instagram Captions for New Jersey
- Quotes about Exploration that Will Spark Your Wanderlust
- Sunrise Captions That Will Make You An Early Riser
- Summer captions to make you smile
- Road Trip Quotes Guaranteed to Fuel Your Wanderlust
- Sunset Captions for Instagram
- Chicago Quotes and Sayings
- Best Seattle Quotes and Captions
- Top Washington DC Instagram Quotes
- Kentucky Captions and Sayings
- Las Vegas Quotes for Instagram
- Hawaii Captions and Quotes
- Miami Captions and Sayings
- Instagram Captions for Florida
- Colorado Captions for Instagram
- Arizona Captions and Quotes
- Best Atlanta Sayings for Instagram
- Best Alabama Instagram Quotes and Captions
- Quotes about New Orleans
- Grand Canyon Quotes for Instagram
- Texas Quotes and Captions for Insta
- Best Boston Sayings
- Best Alaska Sayings for Instagram
- Best Ohio State Instagram Captions
- Best July 4th Quotes on Independence Day
- Nashville Tennessee Quotes for Instagram
- Best Canada Quotes for Instagram
- Best Captions about Charleston South Carolina
- Beautiful Quotes about San Francisco
- San Diego Captions for Instagram
- California Quotes and Sayings
- Best Los Angeles Quotes and Captions
- Best Utah Captions for Instagram
- Vermont Quotes for Instagram
- Oregon Quotes, Sayings and Captions
- Michigan Captions and Puns
- Best Maine Quotes and Captions
- Best Instagram Captions for Montana
- Best Philadelphia Quotes and Sayings
- Yosemite Sayings and Instagram Captions
- Best John Muir Quotes
- Best National Park Sayings, Quotes and Captions
- Best Puerto Rico Quotes and Captions
- If you like Quotes and Captions check out myPinterest board
Save New York City Captions to Pinterest for Later
What is the famous quote of New York? ›
Some More New York City Quotes. “The skyline of New York is a monument of a splendor that no pyramids or palaces will ever equal or approach.” “Whoever is born in New York is ill-equipped to deal with any other city: all other cities seem, at best, a mistake, and, at worst, a fraud.How do you write a catchy caption? ›
- Make the most of the first sentence. ...
- Include a call to action or ask a question. ...
- Add value. ...
- Write like a human (not a robot) ...
- Draft your Instagram captions on a separate platform. ...
- Use storytelling. ...
- Use emojis and have fun with them. ...
- Consider caption length.
- DO say something new. ...
- DON'T use labels. ...
- DO add a hook. ...
- DON'T state the obvious. ...
- DO caption a stock photo. ...
- DON'T be afraid to go long. ...
- DO try, try again.
The banner shows the State motto--Excelsior--which means "Ever Upward" and E pluribus unum—which means "Out of many one." E pluribus unum was added as part of FY 2021 Enacted Budget.What is NYC slogan? ›
New York City: 'The City That Never Sleeps'
New York state is still using the tuneful “I Love New York,” but the city has no official slogan.
- Be a stiletto in a room of flats.
- You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions.
- I'm the queen of my own little world.
- My hair is the crown I never take off.
- They told me I couldn't. ...
- Stay out of my way. ...
- You were my cup of tea, but I drink champagne now.
- People will stare.
- Take only memories, leave only footprints.
- I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- Don't worry. ...
- An adventure a day keeps the doctor away.
- Not all classrooms have four walls.
- Vacation state of mind.
- Too glam to give a damn.
- Many have an idea of me. ...
- Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.
- You don't need a king to be a queen.
- Always classy, never trashy, and a little bit sassy.
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
- Life isn't perfect, but my hair is!
- Bounty "The quicker picker upper" ...
- Old Spice "The original. ...
- AllState "You're in good hands" ...
- Subway "Eat fresh" ...
- Dollar Shave Club "Shave time. ...
- Airbnb "Belong anywhere" ...
- Dunkin' "America runs on Dunkin'" ...
- Kellog's Rice Krispies "Snap!
What are the 3 parts of a caption? ›
The three core elements of a converting caption are The Hook, The Body, and CTA.What are clever captions? ›
- Patience — what you have when there are too many witnesses.
- Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's the Clarendon filter.
- "Life is short." ...
- Happy Sunday! ...
- Rejection is just redirection.
- Better an "oops" than a "what if."
- Anyone looking for a heart?
- Take the best out of the first sentence.
- Add a call to action or ask a question.
- Add value.
- Write like a human (not a robot).
- Create Instagram captions on a separate platform.
- Use storytelling.
- Emojis can be fun to use.
- Consider caption length.
Other frequently used nicknames are 'The Big Apple'2, 'Gotham'3, 'Center of the Universe', 'The City that Never Sleeps' and 'The Capital of the World'. The city's history describes quite effectively why especially New York has inspired so much great writing and became famous for its literary variety and sheer volume.What are New York Life's values? ›
New York Life Insurance Company Mission Statement
As a mutual company owned by our clients, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of transparency, objectivity, and integrity.
The New York Times has had one slogan. Since 1896, the newspaper's slogan has been "All the News That's Fit to Print."What is the symbol of NYC? ›
Crest: An American eagle with wings displayed, upon a hemisphere. Legend: Upon a ribbon encircling the lower half of the design the words "Sigillum Civitatis Novi Eboraci," meaning Seal of the City of New York.Why is NYC so iconic? ›
New York has to be one of the most famous cities in the world. Often referred to as the 'Big Apple', this vibrant city is known for its exclusive shops, flashy Broadway performances, and high-flying business tycoons, and it's a city that has long captivated people from all over the world.Why is NYC famous for? ›
New York is known for its towering skyscrapers, famous districts, and endless energy. From baseball and pizzas to Times Square and yellow cabs, there's a lot to explore in the Big Apple. Amongst the metropolitan boroughs, New York is also famous for its nature including Thousand Island and Finger Lake regions.What do New Yorkers call the city? ›
Frequently shortened to simply "NY" or "NYC", New York is also known as "The City" in some parts of the Eastern United States, in particular, New York State and surrounding U.S. states. New Yorkers may also use "The City" to refer specifically to the borough of Manhattan.
What do New Yorkers call the Metro? ›
The subway system is usually just referred to as the "trains." Locals say "I can take the train to your place" to generally mean that they take the subway. The subway is never referred to as the metro, underground, or tube.Why is it called a New York? ›
Following its capture, New Amsterdam's name was changed to New York, in honor of the Duke of York, who organized the mission. The colony of New Netherland was established by the Dutch West India Company in 1624 and grew to encompass all of present-day New York City and parts of Long Island, Connecticut and New Jersey.What are some short Instagram captions? ›
Motivational Instagram Captions
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything. If it was easy, everyone would do it. I bend, but I don't break. The smallest change can make the biggest difference.
- “Try me.”
- “Access to my energy - is a privilege.”
- “Wanna know if you're bad enough? ...
- “Be sure that you're perfect before you judge me.”
- “So you think you have an attitude that'll hurt me? ...
- “Don't be ashamed of who you are. ...
- “Don't confuse my personality & my attitude. ...
- “Don't study me.
- Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. - ...
- Life is a long lesson in humility. - ...
- In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - ...
- Love the life you live. ...
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. -
- 5 Tips on How to Write About Your Journey. Everyone wants to have a written piece about their life. ...
- Think About Your Emotions and Senses. ...
- Identify Major Life Moments. ...
- Write it All Down. ...
- Find a Theme. ...
- Read Other Memoirs for Inspiration.
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”How do I make my travel on Instagram popular? ›
- How to Become an Influencer on Instagram? Find Your Travel Instagram Niche.
- Build Your Instagram Brand.
- Take Great Photos.
- Take Great Videos.
- Travel Instagram Stories.
- Use Hashtags.
- Collaborate with Other Travel Influencers.
- Starting a Travel Instagram Hub Account.
- Create a list of ideas. ...
- Pick your niche. ...
- Prepare an editorial calendar. ...
- Keyword research. ...
- Prepare an overview of the blog. ...
- Always proofread and edit before you publish. ...
- Be sure to use only good quality pictures. ...
- Write for the reader.
- Life is like a county fair.
- Next stop: the bumper cars.
- What's so special about going round in circles? ...
- The only place where you can get all foods on a stick.
- Going to the state fair, hoping I win something.
- Sweet as cotton candy, bright as the moon.
- Festival of sheer madness.
- Let's go again.
What do you caption a random post? ›
- Nothing's-up face.
- I think in selfies.
- Selfie-yoga (it's a thing).
- No more selfies – said no girl ever!
- Wish I could look like my selfies in real life.
- A selfie is the only 'captcha' test I need to pass!
- A day isn't complete until you post your selfie. –
- "Wow, I'm cute!"
- "I'm impressing myself."
- “You're in italic, I'm in bold.” — ...
- "Outfit of the Day or Outfit of the Bae?"
- "Adjust my hair, adjust my clothes, so I can get that fire post. ...
- "Want 100% of your attention" —Charli XCX, "Focus"
- "I've been riding my own wave. ...
- "If you think I look good, don't think.
- "City of stars, are you shining just for me?" — " ...
- "I fell in love, his name is New York."
- "Wanderlust and city dust."
- "My kind of town."
- "A concrete version of paradise." — Marisa Casciano.
- "These streets will make you feel brand new." — Jay-Z and Alicia Keys, "Empire State of Mind"
"You stole my heart, but I'll let you keep it." "Like rain, I fell for you." "Together is a wonderful place to be." "Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite." "You're my favorite place to go when my mind searches for peace."
- Never underestimate the power of a smile.
- Keep calm and carry on smiling.
- Be the reason someone else smiles today.
- Smile big, laugh often. ...
- Smiles are always in fashion!
- When all else fails, smile.
- Smile – sunshine is good for your teeth. ...
- Silence and smiles are two powerful tools.
- “If you were looking for a sign, here it is.”
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.”
- “Just because you're awake doesn't mean you should stop dreaming.”
- “Be yourself, there's no one better.”
- “Stress less and enjoy the best.”
- “Look for the magic in every moment.”
- Create Captions With Intention. When creating your social media post captions, think about what the intention behind the post is. ...
- Encourage Conversations. ...
- Include A Call To Action (On Occasion) ...
- Add Value. ...
- Put Yourself In Your Audience's Shoes. ...
- Be Yourself. ...
- Tell A Story.
- Just do it.
- Worry less, smile more.
- I'll fight till the last gasp.
- Be a voice, not an echo.
- I can and I will.
- Be true to yourself.
- Do more of what makes you happy.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Always keep your head high, and your middle finger higher.
- Be like drugs, and let them die for you.
- Besides gravity, nothing can keep me down.
- Cutting haters out of my life like they never existed.
- Don't like me? ...
- Down to earth, but still above you.
- Let's slow down for a second and see where we go.
- The only thing you should chase on a Saturday is the next episode.
- When life gets messy, turn it into a mud mask.
- Feeling as cool as my iced coffee.
- Let your weekend be filled with love, laughing, and lots of relaxation.